The world’s first commercial flight of the A380 will take off from Singapore on 25 October 2007 and return from Sydney on 26 October 2007.
Singapore Airlines will auction seats on both legs of the flight on eBay. All proceeds will be donated to charities.
The auction of seats on the First Flight will commence on Monday 27 August 2007. Seats in all three classes will be sold progressively, across both legs of the flight. Bids will be staggered to finish at various times over a period of just over two weeks, with the auction cycle being completed on 10 September 2007.
The auction will be for single, double and multiple seats in each class.
All seats will be sold on a one-way basis, so people wanting to fly on both legs of the First Flight will need to bid twice.
To participate in the auction, a bidder will need the following:
- An eBay user ID… it’s free and easy to get
- The names and passport numbers of those travelling
- For bids on packages in the premium classes (Business & Suites), or bids over USD1,000 in Economy Class, pre-qualification will be required. This ensures bids are not artificially inflated, and gives bidders confidence they are bidding only against genuine and pre-qualified bidders
Prequalification is initiated online. Singapore Airlines’ global auction management agency, Auctionwire, has developed numerous ways for bidders to pre-qualify and lodge security deposits for bids requiring pre-qualification.
Bidders will also receive a personalised certificate to commemorate participation in this historic event.
All information on packages available, bid prequalification and how to get an eBay user ID is available on the Singapore Airlines website, singaporeair.com/a380.
100% of the proceeds of the auction will be donated to charities. They are:
- One-third to Singapore’s Community Chest
- One-third split between the Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick, and The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, both in Sydney
- One-third to Médecins Sans Frontières, also known as Doctors Without Borders
Click here for more information: http://ebay.com.sg/SQ380